This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My website

thanks for the help...I do want to say that when I go to the wizard to to make changes with my pages, all the information, pics etc... is still intact. Just no page on the web, instead is a generated page of where my page used to be.

Keith

Re: Re: My website

If you can access it via Bravenet it suggests that the DNS record is correct. Maybe your PC has cached the holding page.

I noticed that when I open the wizard and scrol down to the "preview website" the site comes up, thenit prompts me tp either publish or go back to the wizard. I click on publish, but still no web site just the generic site.

Keith

What do you mean by "generic site"??
Do you consider a page that says:

"Welcome to the AMC main page

The Alamogordo muscle was founded in April of 2006 and continually growing. We are not a club that operates with dues or written bi-laws. We are the men and women who own muscle cars and and like to gather and enjoy each others company discussing and fellowshiping with like minded interests. We welcome all interests, but our main goal is the preservation of the MUSCLE CAR! No matter what brand you own, muscle is our business.

a generic page? Or is Peter's suggestion right?

Thats what I see. Either his ISP is using an old DNS record or he is seeing cache.

with using the wizard it will publish the site as it is the last time you used the wizard

if you are using the wizard to work on your page

if you are using the file manager area and then go to the wizard to publish then you just lost all your work

in the wizard it ONLY publishes what you have done with the page as far as using the wizard.

NOT if you went to the file manager editors and worked there.

But all I see is what was posted here as well too

OK you are seeing the page corectly if you have the intro paragraph. It must be on my end and yes I am only using the wizard to make changes etc...It may be a code error or something...I'll keep trying

Keith

OK, have you actually cleared your browser cache to eliminate that possibility?

If you have then the problem is down to your ISP. If you haven't then do so.!

website expiring?

is there a fixed time the free website is good for?
what is the expiration period and where is it stated, guess i missed that info -
thanks

john the free site doesn't expire

you should try bravehost.com and not brevehost

My site came up this morning and I did some work on it saved and published...came back later and my site was gone again. I think it might be the ISP could very well be the coulpret. I also noticed that when I log on to bravenet and scroll down to Web Hosting, the usage statistics for my web site fluxuates. ie. I log on one time it may read 85MB used, then I'll log on later and it'll say 15MB used. It goes up and down, is this normal even if I don't change anything??

Keith