This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Our address takes us to a generic homepage

When you type in www.lancasterkiwanis.net, you are directed to a generic homepage which is not the one that we designed. It says we have expired, (which we have not). If we go through Bravenet Hosting- our site is as we designed it and it says that we expire in 2008. Please fix asap as we have an Auction coming up and our items are listed here!!!

Re: Our address takes us to a generic homepage

You hosting may be paid up to 2008 but your domain name registration has expired.

Your hosting may be good till 2008, but a InterNic check tells me that your domain name is expired. Hosting and Domain Name updates are usually paid separately. While you can get your hosting automatically renewed, you can not usually get that with a domain name. I don't think that they even notify you. Below is what I see from the InterNic check.

Creation Date: 17-Sep-2006
Expiration Date: 17-Sep-2007

Domain servers in listed order:
ns7.bravehost.com
ns8.bravehost.com

Your domain name has been expired for almost two weeks now. But, this is not a Bravenet service desk. this is a user run help forum. The Bravenet admins very seldom stop by. Follow the link at the top of every post that leads to the Bravenet Support Center, and open a problem ticket. Note that they will not hold on to that domain name much longer. Very soon it will be up for grabs.

Thanks for your help. I have opened a ticket.