This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
hostile take over

I need some serious help here.

A former member of a clan i was in has taken over our bravenet account. he's changed the login info and deleted something to prevent the site from coming up. I still have ftp access and all the files are still in place, so i'm guessing he deleted the domain from the control panel.

I am the owner of the domain (cdclan.org) and i can prove it if need be. I pay for the hosting package quarterly, that i can prove to if need be.

I need to regain access to the account. the account name is under someone else, so guess if he could regain access, that would be perfect.

thanks for any assistance.

Browser: compfnatic80@hotmail.com,3

Re: hostile take over

If you paid for the account YOU AND YOU alone should have set it up and more and YOU only having access to it

Don't EVER Give out this info again to someone.

Because you let someone else do the site and more things you probably got duped and more

So you are going to have to open a ticket to bravenet and since you have hotmail monitor your ticket online by keeping track of your ticket number

since this person changed everything like the login to bravenet account and more things.

Don't care if have 20 people who want to work on this site together I wouldn't give them access to the account and more you keep track and update the site so this DOES NOT happen again if bravenet does let you back in and such since you are the owner of record paying for domain and such

Before you yell at me, i didn't give out the account details. I was a member of a clan and only 3 people had access to it, 2 who i thought i trusted. I've known both for over a year now and i didn't set up the account, i paid for the hosting upgrade since the free version doesn't support php or mysql, which i needed for hte site i was making. I purchased a new domain also since the same thing happened before with another site and i didn't feel like fighting the owner over it.

I'll get the account holder to do a support ticket and i've already set up a new account and hosting. so now i just need to get my domain back. which hopefully i can do.

if partnering with someone I would make sure of their trust and more before paying for something with them

this other person changed the account info for some reason and more

make sure the files are backed up on your computer as well for this site and more

a very costly lesson on this and more either way.

that's ok, the login info was recovered.