This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Inappropriate advertising coming onto website

Side note as I have run through the pages on the website this same ad has come up 3 more times...
I really don't want my boys visiting "gaymusclematch.com"

Re: Re: Inappropriate advertising coming onto website

The lack of any filter to determine which ads are appropriate for particular sites is an issue with a number of church and youth organisations.

An ad should certainly not include content that would be banned on a Bravenet site. You need to make a note of the name or URI of the advertiser and raise a support ticket.

I did that last night and as of yet it has not even been assigned. I have now gone into the website and chopped everything out of it that could cause these ads... things like one of the badges has the words "building muscle" so I have removed the requirements from all our pages. Another page that was a constant problem was for our tiger cubs, I have now changed Tiger to T iger in all instances on the page and that seams to have helped.

The purpose of this sight is to give the boys a resource for the things they are doing and yet I am having to cut it up and send them to other websites to find the information... how sad.

If anyone has other suggestions I am more than open!

Thanks
James

your website is a free hosted site so you WILL have ads etc

so you either have to upgrade to remove the bravenet banners/ads, pop ups or such.

might look into other hosting where you can suppress the banners or something.

not much else can do with what comes up with these ads and such.

Re: Re: Inappropriate advertising coming onto website

I run a site for a community arts group. I pay for hosting then cover the cost through a mix of Google Adsense and Amazon. Members are occasionally reminded that the resource is funded through Amazon and asked to use our link when they make purchases.