Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Suspect index.html was deleted.

well your index page has a problem

so either you deleted your index.html page or something else is the problem for it not coming up

will have to make it again or if you perhaps have it changed to index.htm rename it to html

because the index.html page is the MAIN page for your site

are you using bravenet's editors to make your site as well. If not then you can use an ftp program or something to reupload your index.html page if you made it with another editor and have it saved/backed up on your computer

It is true that your main site, "autochtone.bravehost.com", does not have a "index.html", but it doesn't need one for your subdomain to show up in your Website Manager. Deleting a "index.html" file is not enough to cause the problem you are having. I delete all the file on my sites regularly, just to clean up all the junk files. Then I upload new files or create them from the Wizard.

If your not seeing any sites from your Website Manager, then either you deleted all your sites, which is not likely. I think you would have remembered that, and we can see the web page listed in your posting, "autochtone.bravehost.com/bibliography/biblio.htm". That says that something is there.

My guess is that this is a Bravenet problem. I suggest you contact Bravenet and have them check your site. There is a link to the Bravenet Support Center at the top of every forum page.

Phil & Martin,

Thanks for the answers. The web-site works fine, since I can see it. Therefore I shall call Bravehost and see if they could check out the problem. Many thanks to both of you.