Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: borrowed html

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's your clocks (Qlocks) displayed on your site using Martin's code...

What wonderful people you are. Such a detailed explanation is going to need my full attention but I am sure I will then have learnt something very valuable.
It will have to wait until this afternoon. I am about to have breakfast and then off to give some lessons to elderly people who are 10 to 20 years younger than me. Great to still feel useful.
Many, many thanks and I will report progress.

I've tried on www.vets4510.bravehost.com a dozen times but keep getting London and Brisbane 4 times instead of those I have carefully changed to follow the way you showed me. Can't figure out where I am going wrong. This is what I have:

src="http://www.qlock.com/live/qlock.js" type=text/javascript>

The codes didn't appear in my reply ????????????????

NEED to KNOW how to POST HTML properly to these forums if you don't then it won't work in your posts

Well, I looked at the web site you mentioned, "www.vets4510.bravehost.com". Other than the one in your side-bar from "poodwaddle.com", I don't see any code for a clock. That one works fine in the side-bar because it's a shockwave-flash type. But any Javascript in the side-bar would be deleted by the Wizard's editor.

The Wizard is only going to allow the Javascript to work if it is in you main content area. If you are trying to put it in any of the side-bars, it is not going to work. But on that site, I don't see much space in your main content area. All of your text is images and overlaps the side-bar areas on smaller browsers windows. Is there a specific page that you are putting the clock code on?

Don't worry about the code not showing in the forum. The basics of making the HTML code display in the forum is fairly simple, but when you mix it with posting CSS, Javascript, and various mouse events, it gets pretty messy. It is far easier to simply post a URL to the problem area or a test page. We can then view the code ourselves.

Thanks for your time Martin. I put them on the second page but as I said they came up London and 3 times Brisbane. I took them off and decided to try something else. I now have the times I wanted in a much neater way which was simple to copy and paste. I will be doing the other site with American, Canadian, European towns.

Browser: xselans_cool@hotmail.com,3