This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: website non existent

While I like Publisher, it's tough to find any real help for it. The application adds so much formatting in a page, it's difficult for anyone to find their way around. But your problem seems to simply be a problem of uploading everything you need into the right place.

With Publisher, you can upload your web site files two ways. When you "publish to the web", you can publish to a folder, and then manually upload everything with a FTP tool. Or, if you have a FTP configuration in "My Network Places", you can "publish" directly to your web site. Either way you do it, there may be a lot of files involved. Which way did you use? Did you only upload the "index.html" file, or did you also upload your support files to the "index_files" folder? Use the File Manager to make sure that all the necessary files/folders are in the right place.

A web site is not made up of a single file. When your main page is named "index.html" Publisher creates a folder named "index_files" that contains all of the support files. That would be of your web page images and all of your extra pages. I can see the references to the "index_files" folder in your front page, but I can't find any hint of the folder, and it's contents existing. If that folder, and it's contents do no exist, it easily explains your problem.

I recommend that you "publish" to a folder first, so you can see all the files that make up your site. Then, upload everything using a FTP tool. Most FTP tools will allow you to upload an entire folder full of files, with one or two clicks. Or, if you have a FTP configuration in "My Network Places", you can upload your files directly to your web site.