Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FTP accounts

Martin
I tried it and it didnt work. The message i got from my program was something to the effect that it could not find a path. I tried changing the original one that didnt require a remote folder and made the change to have a remote. Then set up the second site with a remote folder. That didnt work either. Then I removed the remote folder and it changed out my original site . no problem I just relaoded it. Anyway, It didnt work but was worth the try.
Tony B

Well, we don't seem to be communicating correctly. Either I am not understanding your problem, or your not explaining it correctly.

I just downloaded a demo copy of WebStudio 4.0, created two separate projects, and targeted two separate website in my Bravenet account. Both were very simple but contained different images, so I could tell them apart. Both used the same Host, Port, User Name, and password, but different Directories, as I described previously. Each uploaded to the website specified in the Directory attribute, without a single error. It's not real intuitive. how to do this but whole process only took about 30 minutes.

Did you register both web sites, before you attempted to upload to them? Both web sites need to exist in your Account Manager, before you attempted to upload to them. Maybe some more information is needed.

Martin, I cant figure what I'm doing wrong. If I leave the box for 'remote' blank, I can load my original website with no problem. As soon as I fil in that box, I get an error message. This is what I did:
name of destination:sailortonyb.bravehost.com
user name : sailortonyb-xxxxxxxxxxxx
password: xxxxxxxxxxx
ftp8.bravehost.com
remote: /web/sailortonyb.bravehost.com
then I pres 'upload' and I get ....unable to access the remote site folder specified. Please edit destination settings.
I also tried in the remote box ; http://sailortonyb.bravehost.com. Got the same mesage.
As soon as I wipe out the 'remote' box, I can upload with no problem....but only 1 website.
Tony B