This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Music Problem

i see music artists and more use myspace, ripway, youtube and things.

I use ripway for mp3's since I have the free site but don't have myspace.

I even have a myspace site and have easily added video's around myspace to my site.

You just may have to use Ripway regardless or not because mp3's are HUGE files and so with free sites it just will use up your bandwidth like crazy and one reason these are not file types allowed for uploading to places unless you PAY

Not sure why you are using WAV files. If you get a free copy of Audacity you can make mp3 files that will be much smaller. If it is for podcasting then Audacity will use the the default settings around 64kps an still give you top quality. Either was it while save a huge amount of bandwidth and still give a better quality file. It is 100% totally free with no banners etc.

Keep Well
Dennis

I was using wavs cause I can't seem to find out why ripway doesn't work or other mp3 hosts. I found two good mp3 hosts but I'm putting it directly on myspace for one of them and thats the killer.
I got the mp3 verison of it and one I have a wma verison of it even. It's just none of that hosts here and thats the only host so far that I've found I can use on myspace.

I'm gonna have to see if theres a way to trick it to work ripway or others but so far no dice. (Maybe theres a code/trick to make them not filter the site) but when I put the ripway they put ".." where ripway is in the link the rest showed. So yeah. Myspace is really tricky. I alreadyp lan to use ripway and all for the actual stuff on bravehost but was asking others opions on the fact / if there was something I missed for a good mp3 host that might work there. :P