This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Getting my frames-based homepage up again fast!

Hi,

I created a new website with bravehost recently and it was loading fine and I just checked on it today and it is coming up with the error message for a browser that is not frames compatible! Also there are ads on top of and on the bottom of this message. Could it be that whoever put these ads onto my website (which I was expecting since I am using a free service) somehow screwed up my homepage, or why is it that even though I am using a frames capable browser my site, which was working before, no longer works! I need this site back up fast! I have already spent a lot of time promoting it!

Can you please help with this?!

Thanks!

Re: Getting my frames-based homepage up again fast!

That message is comming from your web page because it is not correct. Your ... section is suppose to have a tag in it. That should put the ad banners where they are suppose to be, in your "index.html" file, and allow your frames to show.

<br /> <body>Sorry, your browser doesn't support frames and this page can't be viewed without them.<br /> If you want to see this page you need to do so from a different browser.</body><br />

But that isn't really going to help you very much. When the frames finally show, you will find ad banners in each of your frames. Although I can't find it right now, somewhere in the Bravenet documentation, they tell you you can't use frames on free sites. That's true for iframes as well. No, you can't move them or get rid of them, without upgrading to paid hosting.

Don't waste your time on trying to get around it. Convert your pages so they don't use frames. Almost the same functionality can be had with using

structures.