This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
File Upload / Link Frustration

I have created a website through bravenet (picked a theme…no additional editing or creation software…very simple) and all is well (forums, passwords, calendars, etc) with the exception of posting file links. For example, I have a *.doc file I want linked; however, I do not know how to proceed. I did successfully “upload” it to the bravenet file manager (I click on it…it opens…all is well so far). When editing my webpage through bravenet, I have the option of “linking” the file. I type in the name of the file, highlight it, click the “link” prompt, and it requires an http address. If I dare attempt to copy and paste the “properties” data on the uploaded bravenet file, it accepts it and the document changes color and becomes underlined. When selecting the doc however, it appears as a zip file with unreadable components.

So…what do I do?...and what is the purpose of the bravenet file manger if uploaded files cannot be linked to my established bravenet web.

Dennis

Re: File Upload / Link Frustration

OK, one correction. The file I uploaded into the bravenet file manager is quite different from the one on my PC. For one, the extension has been changed to .docx and it has the characteristics of a zipped file (many odd named files...formatting data...no text).

So, I guess a better question is how do I upload a *.doc into the file manager without it "twisting" it into this odd zip file format?

I am assuming that once I do this properly, I might have better luck linking it to my web site.