This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help getting rid of my current pages made with WEBSITE WIZARD

Hey,
Thanks for the reply.
I did that.
And its fine. The NEW pages are UPLOADED already.
I need to know how do i get rid of the the pages on my site currently. How can I make them go away so the new ones will work.?

try cleaning out your temporary internet files folder and do a hard refresh so your browser will see the newer pages

that is if you have the new pages uploaded as was mentioned for you to do

How can I make them go away so the new ones will work.?

Publishing is nothing more than the act of uploading your files to your web site. If you have already uploaded your pages they do work. The publishing operation within the Wizard, is STRICTLY for a Wizard creation, and can not be used for anything else. If you are expecting to see your new pages, in the Wizard, it's not going to happen. If you are designing on your local PC now, there is nothing useful in the Wizard any more.

When you are uploading from your local PC, you need to make sure that the page you want visitors to see first, is name "index.html". The rest can be named almost anything, as long as they have a ".htm" or ".html" extension. If one of your uploaded files is name "index.html", it will over-write the "index.html" file that was originally created by the Wizard. Then, several browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R) should bring up your new pages.

It is common for design applications to use a "index.htm" file, instead of "index.html". A quick fix for this is to log into your Bravenet Account Manager and navigate to the File Manager. Then simply delete the "index.html" file, being careful not to delete the one named "index.htm". The server should then look for your new index file. Again, several browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R) should bring up your new pages.

Note, if you go back to the Wizard, and use the "publish" option, the "index.html" file will be recreated, bringing you right back to where you are now. Don't worry about anything that was already created with the Wizard. You can delete the files it created from the File Manager, and just ignore what is left in the Wizard.