This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How can I publish my own html?

Publishing is nothing more than an overused word that describes the act of uploading to your web site. It doesn't matter what you use to get your files uploaded. You can use your own design application, and FTP tool, or the utilities in your Bravenet account manager.

You just need to make sure that the page you want visitors to see first, when they use your URL, is named "index.html". The rest of your pages can be named almost anything else, as long as they have a ".htm" or ".html" extension.

When you upload your files to your web site, they are available to the internet immediately. If you put your URL into a browser address bar, and don't see them right away, for a couple of browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R). This will force your browser to update it's cache and get new data from your site.

Stay away from the Wizards. When you uploading your own pages, the Wizards have nothing useful for you.

Re: How can I publish my own html?

I am using my own web builder...WebStudio 4.0 and it, like most web builders/publishers have their own FTP. Its a 'just push the button' kinda thing.