This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Deleting a Domain?

How would I go about deleting a domain? I found a different company to host but I can't transfer because I have to had my domain for over 60 days...

Browser: ,3

Re: Deleting a Domain?

if you got the domain from bravenet then e-mail them to drop it or cancel on it

shouuld have read up on things and more before you purchased domain and such here and then decided to go host elsewhere

always be alert when you want to purchase a domain and hosting of where you want the domain from and your site hosted at and more don't get something and then 5 minutes later decide you want something different.

The weird part is is that the other host is working... unless I put www. before the domain

Browser: ,3

Domain names are purchased on a yearly basis. Once you pay for it, you own it for that year. Because it is a lot of work and time to make the switch, domain registrars place a limit on how often you can move the management company. But you do not have to have your domain name and your hosting with the same company. Mine have been with separate companies for several years now.

Until your domain name has aged enough so you can transfer it, all you need to do is change the Primary and Secondary Name servers to point to your new hosting. Once that's set up, there isn't much more to do. Manage your domain name from Bravenet and your hosting from where ever that is.

There is nothing strange about your new hosting working. Clear out your temporary internet files or force a couple of browser refreshes and your site will respond with, or without, the "www".