This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "powered by Bravenet"-frame on a freewebs-site :/

I don't think you explained the problem very well.

At "http://gnsha-nattis.bravehost.com" I see a page with an e-mail form and five links. Only one of those links goes to a "freewebs" site at "http://www.freewebs.com/gnsha/frames.htm". On that page I find a Bravenet Password Protect service. Is that what your talking about?

I don't know any user name or password, so I can't get through. But if someone does, this will take you to your protected web page(s). In the Bravenet Password Protect service manager, under "general settings", is setting for "Ad Serving". If you select the setting that says "Show ad in a frame along the bottom of the screen", you will get the dreaded "Powered by Bravenet" frame at the bottom. If you choose the other option, "Show ad in a popup window (DEFAULT)", ads will be served through popups, and you won't see the frame any more. Since most users run popup blockers lately, it's likely they won't see the popups either.

If I am completely off base, give the explanation a better shot.

But how I do that? don´t remember :P

...How i do to switch to the popup-ads...

1. Log into your Bravenet Account.

2. Under "Registered Web Tools", click on the "password protect" link. This should take you to the "Password Protect" service area.

3. Then click on "general settings". The first item has a header that says "Ad Serving".

4. Click the button that says "Show ad in a frame along the bottom of the screen".

5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button that says "Save Changes".

After that, when someone logs in through the Password Protect entry window, the "Powered by Bravenet" frame should no longer be there. Visitors should get a pop-up instead.