This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bravehost Free??

It was a browser issue with opera, clicking the
"Build a new website
Create a new website using FTP for advanced users."

link does nothing at all, making it appear that you have to pay for a domain, instead of a free subdomain which is all i wanted.

I'll sort it out. If anyone else has this issue use internet explorer not opera.

If you would calm down and actually read everything, you would realize that you have the option of purchasing a domain name, as well as purchasing hosting. If you don't purchase a domain name, you get a sub-domain name. If you did purchase a domain name, and chose to use the free hosting, you would still get advertisements on your site. Only when you purchase hosting, will the ads go away. However, there is no requirement to purchase either one.

A free site is a free site and, as advertised, is ad supported. So yes, you will get ads on your site. If paid hosting is not in your budget, then it is your responsibility to work within the bounds of the advertisements. Bravenet, like all other web hosts, is not a benevolent benefactor. They are in the business of selling hosting packages. They offer free hosting as a marketing strategy. During registration for a free site, they give you every opportunity they can to sign up for a domain name or paid hosting. Most uses get tired of the advertisements, and eventually opt for the paid hosting.

I don't understand why so many get upset about advertising. The terms are clearly stated and you have a choice to have them or pay not to.
I have a couple of sites and am helping with another, I don't find the advertising at the top of the page distracting. some sponsored sites have them all over the page.