This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: trying to create website

the files which you are uploading ,are they html files?
if you are uploading files of other format such as .doc you might have problem.

what editor are you using to make your pages

and do you have a free subdomain:

xxxx.bravehost.com or did you purchase a DOMAIN and paid hosting and perhaps the DOMAIN hasn't propogated yet to even see anything

lots of things here

it is simple enough if you even have SOMEWHAT of a CLUE of WHAT you are DOING

I agree with Danielle. It is not very intuitive as promoted by the company. Why is it there is always some smartass who has to denigrate another's lack of experience, particularly when it comes to creating a website? Bravenet is supposed to be simple to figure out. It obviously is not.

I agree with Charles in both the denegrating and the site not being easy. I am using Webstudio 4.0 to build and publish my site on here. If it wasnt for Webstudio, I would be gone. Some of us have busy lives and are not in the web building industry. This is probably the most difficult site I have seen so far. If you dont know html, which I dont, It will take a very long time to figure this site out. Fortunately, Webstudio is a drag and drop program and also uploads it onto the internet for me. I use Bravehost strictly as a host.
I am in several forums - not computer related - so this forum is an experience for me. Lots of asholes on here. If they dont have the patience to help a new be, they ought to just shut up. No one is forceing them to reply.
As for Danielle, I suggest you try to get on a more user friendly/people friendly site builder. There are` lots of them. Just use this site for the copy and paste html files for things like the GuestBook and other features.
FWIW
Tony B