This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does ftp download remove files from site?

How do I update the nameservers for my domain?
If your domain is registered through another company, you will need to contact them to make the changes. If your domain is registered with Bravenet, please do the following:

1. Log into Bravenet and click on "Domains"
2. Click on your domain name
3. Click on "Manage Nameservers"
4. In the window that opens up, enter your nameserver addresses. There should always be two nameservers.
5. Click on the "Update Nameservers" button

hopefully this might help

I have seen what was coming up for your page before but not with bravenet with other hosting places. so that was why some of us were a little confused as to what was coming through for your page as well if was hosting it here at bravenet

But as said if you have your DNS servers from before try putting those in and see what happens. It might take a bit to propogate perhaps.

Re: Does ftp download remove files from site?

Hi Tim,

Got it. With the actual act of changing nameservers there's no problem -- I had to do it to switch it away from bravenet in the first place. I've since switched them back using the bravenet NS I was using originally, and so far things seem alright at my end. A friend in town has checked and isn't getting the right site yet, but I think that's just a matter of giving it a little time to propagate. I at least have the satisfaction of seeing things up and running on my own computer;)

Thanks again.