This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
free bravenet chat - I am having problems

I've been using the free bravenet host chatroom on my forum since Sept 06 with no problems till just recently.

When you click on the chat button in the host main page the chat room is hijacked by either a lotto, bingo, lottery or other website page.

I tried to change the look of the front page of the bravenet page where you logon to encourage members to return. The problems with the host site being hijacked has put members off from using the room I host.

I have only made things much worse.....instead of having one chat box to log into I now have three.

I thought I was just editing however it appears I was adding more boxes for name and profile.

Any ideas of how I can get rid of the other two log in boxes????

Re: free bravenet chat - I am having problems

Thank you in advance....if you can help

Re: free bravenet chat - I am having problems

Trouble is that a lot of people either claim that their site is "hijacked" because a legitimate pop-up ad has appeared over the top of it or start blaming Bravenet for malware on their own PCs.

I am afraid that without a link to the site to let people see what things look like for themselves very few helpers here are going to take your problem seriously.

Re: Re: free bravenet chat - I am having problems

Hi Peter.....I am not really bothered about the pop ups. It's the fact that now I have ruined the bravenet page chat room server box....I have ended up with 3 of them and do not know how to get rid of two of them.

Can you help with that please. The link to my chat room is http://pub43.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/3640080482

and you should be able to see the problem I mean.

Thanks for your help.