This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
editing my nameservers

I just purchased a professional website template.
To make it live, it tells me I need to "edit my nameservers" with my registrar.
Does anybody know how to do this on bravenet?

Re: editing my nameservers

I'm in a bit of the same boat (you're not with bludomain, are you?) and am having some major problem going live. I'm trying to stay with bravenet.com for hosting and have a feeling that, if you do that, you don't actually need to change your nameservers at all (ie. only change them if you're switching your hosting to the template provider).

My problems haven't been solved yet, but maybe if you have the same ones we'll be able to collaborate.

To change NS, go to domains->yourdomainname->manage nameservers.

Ben

with your DNS Servers they have to point to the servers your host gives you

so if you get a domain here at bravenet and then host it at bluehost.com or wherever then get the DNS Server info from that host and such and login to your account there and set it up

if you got hosting here at bravenet and purchased a domain from here as well or elsewhere then get the DNS info from bravenet by opening at a ticket to bravenet

SEE ABOVE where it says if need assistance with hosting open a support ticket

also if you have aol, aim, yahoo, gmail, hotmail as your e-mail address write down your ticket number and monitor it online because the ticket system doesn't work greatly with the above e-mail address extensions and it is not a BRAVENET problem with it

Ben you need to change yours probably to point to the servers from where you are hosting your site. So you will have to do above if your site is being hosted here at bravenet because your DNS servers should say

ns2.bravehost.com
ns3.bravehost.com

or whatever they give you if your site as said is hosted here

the above is just an example

also as a side note your site might need time to propogate as well so might not show up quickly

right now Ben your site is showing a directory with no files so as said if you got a domain from bluedomain now you have to host it somewhere or something and if said it is bravenet then get the DNS info from bravenet and then change your servers to that appropriate info.

if your site is not hosted here then get the DNS server info from where you do have your site hosted

Just figured that out myself, thanks so much. They'd gotten things mixed up at their end, thought I was hosting with them, told me to change nameservers, yet all the files I have are on my bravenet account. Things made a mess of things. Sounds like they need to work on communication at their end of things.