This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: URGENT ... is anyone else having problems going to "Website File Manager"

Yes, it does seem like Bravenet is having some kind of trouble. My guess is that they changed something with their cookie generation and checking software.

If I access my account with Internet Explorer, I don't have any problems. I can go in and out of my web sites just fine with the File Manager. However, when I try to use Firefox, which is what I normally use, all I get is a blank page. All the web sites in my account act the same way.

This is almost always an issue with cookies. So I went in a deleted all my junk cookies, including Bravenet's. Then when I tried to access my account with Firefox it told me that cookies were no enabled on my browser. This is not true since it worked fine yesterday and I made no browser changes.

On their error page they give instructions for configuring Firefox 1.5+, but I'm using 2.0.0.4, so the instructions were incorrect. But Bravenet is know for being about 6 months, or more, behind. My cookies were already enabled and I was still getting the error, so I used the "exceptions" button, and added "bravenet.com" manually. After that, logging in through Firefox, and accessing my sites worked fine.

Re: URGENT ... is anyone else having problems going to "Website File Manager"

Hi Martin

Thanks for that. I suspected it was my cookies (I use Internet Explorer) and so I deleted them, etc. but still won't work. Also still haven't had any reply from Support. Well I'll try clearing everything again and see how we go.

thanks
Dii