This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Text colour

are you mixing editors like frontpage and the wizard perhaps

not sure but something there with your text area

you SHOULD not be mixing editors

if you were using the wizard straight up you would just type in the text and such there

because the coding with your text area makes me think you are using 2 different editors when should either use one or the other

Do not mix the wizard and another editor. if you want to use the wizard use it only and then publish your site

if you want to design your site yourself with an html editor then you save and upload via FTP

I copied and posted from Word Document. surely that should work

Hi Ron,

Copy and pasting from MS Word is most likely the problem. There have been several questions this week about odd font color (colour) changes with the Wizard. All have been the fault of doing a copy/paste from Word. A copy/paste from MS Word carries along with it a bunch of styling that is useless to the Wizard. It's sometimes difficult to determine exactly which extra tag is causing the problem, because there is so many of them.

When you using Word and the Wizard, the best bet is to first, do a copy paste into Notepad. Than copy/paste from Notepad into your Wizard content editor. This will remove all the MS Word formatting and let you adjust the text decorations from there. The extra step is a pain, but is pretty necessary.

Many thanks for that. Actually the page that came up with white text looks OK so I'll leave it. The other one I'll change. Of course I could always do it with an image.

For those that were so helpful and obviously website gurus you might be interested in the result. As an 86 year old struggling to cope with modern technology I am baffled.
No matter what I did the text came up white. Even when I typed direct. Solved the problem by using an image.