This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: colors

It took a while, but I was able to replicate your problem. In the end you will probably find that the computers that see your pages correctly are either running a different browser or a different version of the browser.

When I view your site with Firefox there is no problem. However, version 6.0.29... of Internet Explorer would not show the background color for the header or the main content area. This meant that there is not necessarily a broken HTML code. The Website Wizard's editors do a pretty good job of throwing away bad code fragments. But there are code structure that are interpreted differently by different browsers.

Below is the code that exists in the header of your web pages. Because of the way the Wizard works, all pages have the same header code. This is the code that is causing your background colors to not appear. A
tag should not be used within a

structure. Firefox simply ignores bad structuring, but IE tries to work with it, and usually gets it wrong. In the code below the

tag is erroneously inheriting the style definition from the
tag. Removing the highlighted
tag will allow your backgrounds to display correctly in Internet Explorer.

Follow the "header & footer" link in the Wizard, and then switch the header edit window to the Code Editor mode. Remove the entire
tag, save your work, and "publish".

Zizrat'z Ghetto

The greatest new site on the Internet! 

But the code above also highlights other problems with your site, which is way too much unnecessary formatting. There are some places in your code where you have a six tags to change one sentence. I counted 286 font color changes on a single page. I know a lot of this is caused by using the Wizard, but it makes it real difficult for someone to analyze your web pages, when you have problems.

I also noticed that you are attempting to edit your pages using the editors in the File Manager. Your "index.html" page has font size changes in the "Things To Do" sidebar. When you publish from the Wizard, it's a one way street. Publishing simply takes all the data from the Wizard's data base and writes your web pages to your web site. Any changes that you might make to those output files will not be seen by the Wizard. The next time you use the publish option, your changes will be overwritten.

There are methods that will allow you to change the font sizes for that sidebar, but it must be done from within the Wizard.

Re: colors

Martin.. Sure do thank ya for goin to all the trouble to look into my site and explain my problem..
I did what ya said. When I removed it...WALLA!!! There they were... A matching set of 4 screens all the same color.. Had my head ...
Now I have to figure out all of the 286 other things that dont sound right LOL. All of this talk and whatnot... Martin I'm 68 yrz old and I was a tattoo artist for 40+ yrz. Now I R a Web Site Builder. LOLOLOLOL.. Hope it dont take me 40+ yrz to figure this all out.. Thanx a million again Martin.