This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How do I make FTP files appear on my site?

Hi again-

Martin basically "got at" the jest of what I'm asking.

It may help for me to briefly state what I DO know re html/creating webpage before going into the unanswered portion of my question - In a nutshell, I have worked in IT as an intranet content administrator - I writing and publishing content to a company website using (Vignette) content management tools. I didn't have to write "code" per se. There was a sort of "wordprocessor" within the program that I used to publish the content. E.g. if I wanted to hyperlink something, I typed out the text, and highlighted it, then clicked on "hyperlink" and pasted the link to the content (saved as a different file on the server) in a form-style input window that popped up. I inserted images by clicking the "insert image" button and pasting a link to the image (saved as another file on server) in the popup window. I am also an avid Livejournal blogger, where I "publish" content using similar tools. (Entering content into a word-processor-like GUI that converts what I do into html)

So my first and basic question is this - Does bravehost have similar tools?

Next, I am confused by the bravehost "templates" wizards and don't understand how to use them. My second question is - Do I have to use the wizard templates, or can I use another program, such as MS Word or Adobe Photoshop to create my webpage and save it as html, for use on bravehost. If so, how do I use this Word-or-Photoshop-created html document as my bravehost webpage?

Thanks!
Adrienne