This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
can i upgrade a free site to pro hosting?

My bandwidth of 1.5 GB for my free site has been exceeded this month. I really need a way to have it online in the next few days though instead of having to wait until next month. I'd upgrade the hosting plan but it appears when I try to do that it wants to make be register a new domain for that. Does this mean I can't upgrade the bandwidth of the free one
All i want to do is upgrade the hosting for my existing free site. Is there any other way to get it back online right now?

Re: can i upgrade a free site to pro hosting?

i would look into what you have on your free site that caused your bandwidth to be used up as well.

when people visit your site and anything you have is a lot to download from your site your bandwidth will go fast.

do you have large pictures or something that can be sized down or taken off to prevent this

only thing you can do is upgrade if want more bandwidth.

wait a few days and see if your site comes back up on Wednesday when the month changes or upgrade and or look into what you have on your site that can be perhaps taken off or something too so your bandwidth isn't used up so fast again

Thanks.
It's just my site is taking off and I do want to purchase the pro hosting, but when i click on "upgrade hosting" it prompts me to register a new domain. Why? I don't want a new domain, just to upgrade the ones I already have...

Alright i fixed it. thanks for the help!

Re: Re: can i upgrade a free site to pro hosting?

Can you share your solution on how to upgrade? I am trying to upgrade to get rid of the ads on my website, but I am prompted for a domain name and the one I am using on Bravenet is already taken -- by me.

Sorry if this has already been explained in the forum - if so, I have not been able to find it.