This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: cant publish site

what is your CORRECT URL supposed to be

and when did you purchase the domain

is it propogated to even start publishing yet

what editor did you use to even start building your site the wizard or the file manager

if you are using the wizard: YOU hit the publish button, if you are using the file manager editors you SAVE if using something else you use FTP

yea, i bought da site and it wont let me publish it when i go into file manager i dont see a save button. the building website wizard doesnt let me use the templates.

Publishing is nothing more than the act of uploading your web pages and support files to your web site. Your web site is "published". I can see your template on your site when I use your URL.

When you select a template, you can choose to download it to your local PC, or upload it directly to your web site. When it's downloaded to your PC, you can use any number of applications to edit your pages, and the upload them to your web site when they are ready. You might want to try this link to my help page on Working With Bravenet Templates. The page on Template Editing has links to several good free web page design applications.

If you are working on-line, you can edit your template page(s) from the editors in the File Manager. If you open the template in the Visual or Text editor, make changes, and then save your changes, your changes are immediately available to the internet. From the File Manager, saving is "publishing". Templates only come with one main page. To create multiple pages, just use the File Manager to make copies of the main page, using different file names. Then adjust the navigation links to match the names of the pages. Make sure that all of your pages have a ".htm" or ".html" extension.

If you view your web site and do not see the changes right away, force 2 or 3 browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R) so that your browser updates it's cache.