This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Change order of pages

I have gone into website wizard but the manage website only seems to refer to links of which I don't have. "Edit pages" shows no arrows at right of page to shift the position. I know that I saw this once but can't seem to find it now. Could someone please help me. Thank you Zanna

Re: Change order of pages

to change the order of your pages in the navigation bar you either have to delete your pages and remake them in the order you want them to appear if want to keep using the wizard

OR you move away from the wizard TOTALLY and go to the file manager editors where you can arrange the pages in the order you want

and you just save your pages there and DO NOT GO BACK to the wizard

Zanna,

Yes, you quite possibly did see the red arrows once. There are two Wizards. One is Theme based and the other Layout based. You are currently using a Wizard Layout. If, at one time, you were using one of the Themes, you would have had the capability of changing the page ordering, in the navigation menu. The Layout based Wizard does not offer that option. To change the ordering in a Layout, you would need to delete your existing pages, and then recreate them in the order you want.

Beyond that, the only option is to get away from the Wizard. Simply switching to using the Visual and Text editors available in the File Manager, is a poor idea. All of Bravenet's editors have some oddities. The problem is, they are all different, and the Visual and Text editors are no exception. Editing pages that originated in the Wizard, from the File Manager, is almost always a disaster.

The Wizard is intended for beginners and users who don't know, or don't want to know, anything about HTML/CSS. And that's fine. There is nothing wrong with using the Wizard, but you have to be willing to put up with it's limitations. If you don't want to put up with the limitations of the Wizard, start from scratch using a different method. While the editors in the File Manager are usable, I could not give them a good recommendation.

To explore other methods of designing web pages, you might want to try this link to my help page on Working With Bravenet Templates. The page on Template Editing has links to several good free web page design applications. You can design on your local PC, and then upload to your web site.

Another resource, on using Templates from the Template Gallery, is the May 25,2007 Newsletter. You can find it in your Bravenet Account Manager under "Resources --> Bravenet Newsletters".

Thank you so much for your detailed and excellent advice. I appreciate your advice Zanna