This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: search

your site won't show up you need to submit your site to search engines and more things too before it shows up

it could take weeks, months before it even does show up

just because you have a site doesn't mean oh if I go to google and do a search my site will be there

Funny, I can't seem to find your site either. Oh yea, maybe that's because you didn't post a URL?

The point of that being, search engines will eventually pick up on your site, and start to list you. But if you don't post your URL everywhere you go, it will take a very very long time, and you will have a very low ranking. What good is it if your site shows up on page 50 of a search? How many people do you know, go past page 4 or 5? For me, if I don't have my answers by page 3, I change my search criteria and move on. Search engines scour forums as well as web sites for information.

Search engines do actually search the internet. They only search their own data bases. Your site will eventually be found and indexed, but as Cyndi suggests, submit your site to the various engines. That will speed up the process. Include your web site in everything you post and get your site linked to, from other sites. But don't expect it to happen over night.

but, how do I submit my website to a search engine like google?

Go to Google. Look for link that says "add URL".