This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Banner

Are you paying for a domain, or hosting, or both? Those are two separate items. You can purchase a domain and use it with the free web hosting. Domain names are relatively cheap and will cost you $10-$20 for a year, depending on the type of domain name, and where you purchased it. But that only gets you a domain name, nothing else. Banner free hosting, on the other hand, will cost you $99.00 for a one year contract on Bravenet. Longer contracts can get lower yearly rates. If you didn't pay this kind of money, you are using a free hosting site, which is ad supported. To get rid of the ads, upgrade to paid hosting. You will find a link for this in your Account Manager.

yes, I paid for my domain name. www.dwrising.com

For about 2 weeks it was up and running with no ads.. and now.. they are magically here. =(

my domain that I am paying for.

That may have been a typo on your part, but it fits well with the situation you describe. So I guess you paid just for the domain and not for web hosting.

On the other hand, you seem surprised to see the advertising, which you shouldn't be unless you are paying $99 a year for hosting.

Perhaps you could clarify matters? Do you have premium webhosting? In that case you should click the link above to open a support ticket and complain. If you just paid (8.95, is it? At any rate less than $10) for a domain, click the free web hosting & domains link, and read the stuff you should have read before buying.

thanks, you cleared up what I needed to know. haha I guess 8 bucks a year is too good to be true ;)

In case you wonder why I feel a need to repeat what Martin already said, it appears I'm a bit slow. Took me more than 5 minutes to finish the last message.