This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help with flash(.swf) website

Ok. This is the story.

I have made a complete website in Adobe Flash, published the .swf and.html files. I have copied and pasted the code of the html file,but now need to upload the swf.

I tried to upload the swf, using file manager, and I got an error message saying:
You have insufficient permissions or uploaded file size exceeds disk quota, but I have plenty of space left. Please help.

Re: Help with flash(.swf) website

get an ftp program and upload that way.

you probably uploaded a file that is too big for the way you were trying to

Ok, I have uploaded it, but how do I get it onto the page?

Anyone?

Please help?
How do I get it onto the page?

If you have uploaded your ".swf" file, pasted the HTML into your web page, and the reference to your ".swf" file is correct, you have done everything you need to. The reference in your HTML must match the exact location and spelling (upper/lower case) of your ".swf" file. If it doesn't it won't find it. Also make sure the reference doesn't include a reference to your hard drive (D:/), which is a common error.

When you then view your site, make sure you force a couple of browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R). This will force your browser to refresh it's cache with updated data and information from your site.

There are other possible thing that could be wrong, but you haven't provided us with a URL to your site, so we can't take a look.