This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
uploading pictures?

Hey I don't know how to upload pictures onto my website! Please help!!

Browser: ,3

Re: uploading pictures?

There are several ways you can upload images to your web site. You can upload them one at a time from the File Manager. I think the File Manager will let you specify up to 10 at a time. You can use the FTP Applet to upload. With the FTP Applet, you can copy entire folders full of images, with a single click. You can also use just about any FTP tool you might have.

The method I use the most is Internet Explorer in the FTP mode. I open my web site in an explorer window and just click-and-drag my local image files to my web site.

I see that your site is currently unconfigured. This usually means that you haven't created your web pages yet, or you have, but didn't name your home page "index.html". Uploading your images is not sufficient for them to show up on your web site. They don't magically appear on a web page. You have to create the page. There are services, like Bravenet's photo album, that do a lot of the work for you. They handle creating the album web pages, and all you need to do is upload the images.

If your trying to add them to existing web page, exactly how you do it depends on the application you are using. The Wizard uses one method, the editors in the File Manager use another. Off-line design applications use yet another method. If you have something specific in mind, give a brief explanation, and I sure someone can help.

Just be careful with size. Big images use lots of bandwidth. If your dealing with a free site, you can be easily shut down for exceeding your allocated bandwidth. Paid sites have the same problem, but they have much more bandwidth to work with.

thanks but how do you put pictures where you want them on the website page?

"If your trying to add them to existing web page, exactly how you do it depends on the application you are using. The Wizard uses one method, the editors in the File Manager use another. Off-line design applications use yet another method. If you have something specific in mind, give a brief explanation, and I sure someone can help."

Did you read what Martin has written?