This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need some help.I am new.

FrontPage is a premium web page design application and has lots of nice features. How you use it depends on whether you are working with Free or Paid hosting.

Free hosting does not support FrontPage extensions or PHP, which you would need to process your forms. All FrontPage extensions would not be usable. You would not be able to use the special upload feature, that FrontPage extensions require, so all your uploading would be done with FTP. When you design, you would need to be careful not to use frames, or constructs with absolute positioning. These will make a mess of your site, when the ad banners start to display. To process your forms, you could use Bravenet's Email Form service, or anyone else's for that matter. You would have to modify the

tag, to include Bravent's server reference in the "action" attribute. And then add a couple of hidden fields so that the server recognized you. The processed form data would then be sent to the email address you used to register with Bravenet.

Paid hosting is a little different story. Paid hosting does support FrontPage extensions and PHP. With FrontPage extensions enabled in your Bravenet account, you are required to upload directly from Frontpage, using their special upload feature. Enabling FrontPage extensions on your site creates several files and folders needed by the extensions. Note that, uploading any other way will disable FrontPage extensions on your site and require you to re-enable it and upload again.

Form processing could then be done with PHP scripts, or possibly directly from within FrontPage. I am unfamiliar with that part of FrontPage. But, if you look around the internet, you will be able to find lots of free PHP scripts, that will process your form data and send it anywhere you want, or add it to a data base. Since I don't know your requirements, you will have to do the research yourself. Start with a Google search on "free PHP form processor".