This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Building new website at domain address, but publishes to free site.

have you purchased the domain or are you updating only with the free subdomain and it updates there

since not fully sure what your DOMAIN is since you are putting it as www.sharon@roseofsharon.info

that is putting your e-mail address with www

so make sure what site you are updating especially with using the wizard

when you login to bravenet click the websites tab and there in the website manager table should be your free site and your domain if you purchased that

it maybe be updating your free site as that was the last one you did in the wizard.

if you purchased the DOMAIN then open that in wizard and start building it

your free site is the last site you have stored in the wizard database so that is probably why updating that one

so make sure of what site you are Editing

Sorry, fixed my website listing here. Yes, I own the domain. I had it hosted elsewhere for the past year and just moved it to bravehost. I have gone in through the domain name, but the free site is the only one I had used the wizard for previously. I hope the two are not permanently attached somehow so that the free site always takes over? It is totally confusing! But I KNOW I went into my domain, clicked on the roseofsharon.info and then entered the wizard. I get 4 pages all the way written and then hit "publish", only to have it publish to the freebie site. My clients don't have the address for the free site.....

We don't have the URL for the free site either. Are you certain they are not the same site? I should think that when you sign up for premium, at one point you will be given a choice of starting a new site, or upgrading an existing one. (Never did myself, but it makes sense that some customers would want one, some the other)

(tried roseofsharon.bravehost.com, but that does nt seem to be it)

Okay, I got it. I was opening the free site to see what I had done there....and every time I opened the free site, it took over! So I copied what I wanted to know into a works document and kept it closed, and tried once without ever opening the free one. That worked! Whew!

The *real* site is www.roseofsharon.info. The free site is roseofsharontm.bravehost because roseofsharon was taken already. That one will go away soon, now that I have my domain site up and running. It is incredibly easy once I didn't open the free one! Very odd how that took over, though! I would have loved to have just sent the free site files to the domain site, but had NO clue how to even begin that, or if it is possible. This is quite a learning curve for a massage therapist! Thanks for the input - it rang a bell and gave me the right idea of what to check!