This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Removing "Things to do" Box for the Forum

"." sometimes likes to play forum police. Just ignore him.

Your site is a Wizard Layout, so any work to enhance or eliminate that side bar must be done within the Wizard. The "Things to Do" side bar is intended to contain a series of links to your services (forum, guest book, photo album, etc.). You can add your service link automatically by following the "add services" link. The "add new links" link will let you add your own links to that side bar. The header of the "Things to Do" side bar can be changed through the "manage links" link.

So, although designed to hold links to your services, it doesn't have to have any service links. If you decide to put your service links elsewhere, you can give it a different name, and fill it with links to anywhere you want.

It may be a good area to keep in reserve, but you really can't put anything in it but links. So, if you want to get rid of it altogether, use the "manage links" link and delete the links that exist there. See the image on the left. The icons for deleting the links are circled. Deleting a link to one of your services will not affect your service. You are free to place the service link any where else you might want, within the restrictions of the Wizard.

Once all the links in that area are deleted, you can "publish" your web site, and the side bar will be gone. If you decide to use it later, it's still available through the "add new links" link or the "add services" link.

Re: Removing "Things to do" Box for the Forum

Thank you very much Martin for your excellent advice. I am new to this so am just feeling my way by trial and error. I appreciate your advice. Zanna