This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Renewing Domain Name

I was told by the help staff that if your domain name expires then it goes into a 'redemption period' (though they neglected to mention how long that period is).

In the meantime they said I have 2 choices:
1. Wait the 'period' and let it get 'released'... in which I take the chance that anyone can get it at that time if I don't get to it first.
OR
2. Pay Bravenet (DirectI?) $75 for them to get it out of the 'redemption period' early and give it back to me.

I let mine expire by accident apparently (but I did not have hosting on it yet - I just simply owned the domain name, so maybe it's different if you host it with them). Personally I think it's bs that I should have to pay $75!! If it's still in the redemption period they should be able to get it back for me at no cost - since I am going to continue being their paying customer, not to mention I own several other domain names with them and have for years! ...After this I may just transfer them all, and host them elsewhere, if they are going to be a$$holes about it.

Re: Renewing Domain Name

that's why MANY OF US have said RENEW EARLY before your hosting expires AND your DOMAIN expires.

like 10 days ahead of time