This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Renewing Domain Name

My domain name expired on Friday night. Since then my page has not been accessible. I renewed the service last night but my page is still not accessible. My hosting package does not expire for another year. How can I make my webpage accessible again now that I have renewed the domain name?

Re: Renewing Domain Name

If you renewed, you shouldn't really have to do anything but wait. I believe it is up to 72 hours. That probablyallows for the possibility of part of the time being weekend, but since you did this at the worst possible time relative to the working week, maybe wait another 24 before you go into hysterics.

(Probably do not need to tell you this, but it is a good idea to mark off the next time for renewal in your calendar - about July 10th)

yes you should RENEW your domain and HOSTING EARLY always so you can have leeway time in case a problem happens.

So make a note and more.

If your hosting is up soon here better think about renewing that ahead of time as well.

I was told by the help staff that if your domain name expires then it goes into a 'redemption period' (though they neglected to mention how long that period is).

In the meantime they said I have 2 choices:
1. Wait the 'period' and let it get 'released'... in which I take the chance that anyone can get it at that time if I don't get to it first.
OR
2. Pay Bravenet (DirectI?) $75 for them to get it out of the 'redemption period' early and give it back to me.

I let mine expire by accident apparently (but I did not have hosting on it yet - I just simply owned the domain name, so maybe it's different if you host it with them). Personally I think it's bs that I should have to pay $75!! If it's still in the redemption period they should be able to get it back for me at no cost - since I am going to continue being their paying customer, not to mention I own several other domain names with them and have for years! ...After this I may just transfer them all, and host them elsewhere, if they are going to be a$$holes about it.

that's why MANY OF US have said RENEW EARLY before your hosting expires AND your DOMAIN expires.

like 10 days ahead of time