This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Server Side Includes (SSI)

Do the BraveHost servers support "Server Side Includes (SSI)"?

SSI are basically a way for me to dynamically add information to my web pages without directly using HTML code.

Re: Server Side Includes (SSI)

JvScript and Php are enabled so yes SSI is enabled that is if you have anything but free hosting

Jose Mendoza

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I am confused.

I have been told by Steven, a BraveHost Support Technician that "Unfortunately, we don't support this (SSI) at this time."

Is he right or are you right?

Currently I am using the free service, but as soon as I work out all of the HTML coding and add additional pages (I will eventually have about 100 pages), I will convert to a paid customer.

Would you please view my web site and maybe there is some other method that I can use, to place the HTML coding in the blue panel on the left side. This same copy will go on everyone of the about 100 pages. Currently I have placed the copy in the body of my pages, but this will be very time consuming when I have to make any changes to the copy. It will require me to copy and paste the corrected copy into everyone of the about 100 pages.
http://postalstampsale.com/

Any suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

well SSI for me seems to be working but just to be on the safe side and since the technician actually has access to the servers I guesswhe it comes to this and support says no, I can't argue becuase I have no real access to their server( that is access to find out 100% yes or no)

This page states SSI is working on the paid versiosn
http://www.bravenet.com/global/hosting_matrix.php

It doesn't!!!!

Since you found that page, you should also notice that it also says that "Server side includes" are available for free hosting. But you know that isn't true. There is another listing, if you go through their upgrade links, that says "<>Service side includes", for the same entry. The one you found is an obvious error.

Now stop digging up 9 month old posting just to whine about something. If you have an issue with Bravenet, open a trouble ticket and complain to them.