This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
i'm a free membership webshost

i have used bravenet.com web building tools and created and published my website titled;

'nick's website'

i keep losing all of my writings or additions to my website, how do i keep the entries i've written in my website with the website building tools i've used in bravenet.com?
also, i don't know how to use the 'tell a friend' tool
i want to email my friends to visit my website
what am i forgetting or doing wrong?
do i need java to upload and keep my entries?
do i need to download anything to keep my writings?
thanks
stvn
ten@xrs.net

Re: i'm a free membership webshost

Loosing changes? The most likely reason is that you have made changes outside of the Website Wizard then gone back to the Wizard and published.

You cannot mix the Wizard with other editors. If you use something else then you must stop using the Wizard for good.

Re: Re: i'm a free membership webshost

Peter,

thanks for helping me with the bravenet web tools
let me know if i can help u with anything ?
stvn

Free websites have the same changes as paid webistes, except you just don't have the advertisement.

Yes, he's exactly right. You have to use the website wizard or the text editor to make changes. YOU CAN NOT USE BOTH. I found this out the hard way. If your going to create a website you really enjoy, you will have to use the text editor and visual editor, with practice, experientation and patience.

Originaly designing websites, you had only the text editor using html codes and that's it. Now with the help of the visual editor, you can make changes without too many complications.

Once you learn how to use the text editor, you will be amazed! It took me over 1 year to learn how to use this with the help of Bravenet members and videos from the public library. My advice, just get in the text editor and experiment! You will be amazed how much you can actually create and how much fun you will have at the same time!. God bless You!
And Merry Christmas to everyone!

SurveyMan,
Heavenly Father bless your reply to my request for help
Let me know if i can b of any help to u too ?
Happy holidays
Stvn
ten@xrs.net

Re: Re: i'm a free membership webshost

i need activexcontrol to download java applet to my ms windows xp home edition hard drive tower. may i delete java applet after i'm done using it to help me desgin/build my website?

keep it doesn't have anything to do with you working on your website

and you had to ask this in in an old thread

Just created a website this afternoon using one of the basic templates. My problem is I can't add any of the files uploaded..am I mixing editors maybe? Thanks!

marta did you even sign up for the site you have none

so if you want that free subdomain sign up for it in your bravenet account

because your site doesn't exist unless you tried and signed up for a DOMAIn by mistake

Thank-you Candy..yes I did sign up but someplace along the line I must have missed something and I couldn't figure it out. So I just purchased a domain name cats4adoption.net in the hopes that will take care of things..I'm not new to creating free websites but this one has me stumped

Marta/Candie,
have you used the java applet to help your website along? I don't understand the purpose of java applet?