This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Keeping a page from public view whilst under construction

Hi

How do I keep a page from public view whilst under construction?

Regards

Chris

Re: Keeping a page from public view whilst under construction

That is only an issue if you are using Visual Editor. Use a PC based editor instead and upload when ready.

Hi Pete

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can you be more specific? Anything I load onto my site I can see straight away?

Thanks

Chris

Re: Re: Keeping a page from public view whilst under construction

Only load what you are ready to publish. You can create pages on your PC and view them with your browser to preview them. When you are happy, upload then and not before.

There are hundreds of different editors to choose from to create your web pages. Choose any editor except for the online ones provided by Bravenet and you can work on your pages for as long as you like on your own computer without them appearing on your site. When they are ready you upload them using FTP or the file manager.

If you use the text editor as I do, the simplest thing to do is just not link to the page until you are ready

I usually keep several pages on my site that are used only seasonally or are scratchpads or contain templates for things like 2 and 3 column tables. Unless you know the specific page names. you will never see them. This way, I need not go back to my work foler for no good reason or I can try out things before I run them for real.

Right now I am working on the Christmas section. Come January, the same pages that are used for card dispays will get a bacground change and be used for "Best Wishes to the Bride to Be" pages for the wedding season. After June, a change of backgrounds will make them the Pageant "congratulations to Miss..." Then after the Miss America pageant they will go off line. Then in Mid-Novemeber of next year. the Christmas backgrounds will go up and teh whole cycle will start againl.

Thanks guys

Just in case you're interested heres the site

http://slfreleases.bravehost.com/

Regards

Chris