This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Stop thief!!!

As I like putting a lot of pictures on my site, I was wondering if there is a way of disabling the right click function. I have tried loads of javascripts but they didn't work. Is there a simple way of stopping people from copying my pictures?

Re: Stop thief!!!

The simplest way is a polite request for people not to copy your images. Won't stop everyone, but more than most.

Disabling the right-click function will work for some setups of some browsers. However, in no way will this stop people from copying your images. There are quicker and easier ways. And annoying people by sabotaging normal browser functions isn't a likely way of getting them to respect your wishes.

What really works is adding text to pictures. The only way that really can work better than my original solution. However, the drawback is that in order to make your images worthless to others, you reduce their value to you. If, for instance, you add "copyright sidekick" on a bit of sky or grass in the outskirts of a photograph, that is easily edited out or ignored. If you plaster the same text in 28 point letters across a portrait, it will certainly work, but you probably won't be happy. Try to find the right balance.

Personally, I solved the problem by working on my attitude. I decided that in the unlikely case that I should find an image of mine all over the web, then I'm making a useful contribution and should be proud.

Re: Stop thief!!!

Thanks for the advice