This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
getting really aggravated, want to get this done, please help ASAP

I was working on my main page, and I'm adding a Jimmy Buffett page, but before I started working on that page, I wanted to link it to my main page. I got it to link, and you can click the button (f.y.i. it's the button all the way to the left) and it will link you to my (undone, not started at all) Jimmy Buffett page, but no one would know that it's a link, because there's no text, and I can't figure out how to put text on the button. PLEASE HELP!!!

p.s. i'm sorry that i went so into detail, i gave a lot of useless info, but im just really frustrated

Re: getting really aggravated, want to get this done, please help ASAP

You need a graphics editor:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was done in PaintShop, but there are hundreds available on the internet.

This was done on PhotoPlus 6, free from Serif Software

sorry, apparently I didnt correctly link to photobucket. But the point is that there are loads of free graphics software packages that are capable of doing presentable work.

Bob,

No, your link works just fine, but if you make the code so it can be viewed, by replacing the < with <, only the code will show.

crazygurl7321814,

If the guys don't mind you can use your right mouse button and copy the buttons directly from this post. But it would be a better idea to get graphic editor of your own. A free graphic editor, that will allow you to annotate buttons can be has at IrfanView.

It is also possible to make buttons on line. If you go to the GRSites Button Maker, you can load your button image as a background and make as many buttons as you like. Load the button image, in step 1, and then make sure the size, in step 3, matches the button. The rest of the selections are for you to decide. Here is another button, that I made with GRSites in about 5 minutes.

Once you make one, you can fine tune it, and then make a bunch by just changing the annotation.

crazygurl, theres one more thing you may want to consider... notice that your selection of button style has made adding text difficult because of the swirling mix of colors. No matter what color of text you choose, some portion will be swallowed by one of the many colors on your button. A more subdued, or even a monotone, would be preferable.