This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how to add downloaded font to website

help ....ive just downloaded some extra font from the bravenet website and can't for the life of me figure out how to add the file to my website so i can use the new fancy font can anyone help?????

Re: how to add downloaded font to website

You install the font on your computer. Then, with a graphics program, you can make some nice images utilizing this new font.

Text on your website, on the other hand, will be viewed with whatever fonts your visitors have installed on their systems. The fact that you had to download the fonts indicate that they did not come with your computer/operating system. So probably nobody else can see them.

Instead, we see either the default browser font, or whatever our browsers believe is the "closest thing" to your font. (Depending on the make and version of the browsers) The latter can sometimes cause quite hilarious effects.

What you can do though, for all to see, is use a font generator site to make your text...Then 'save as' an image, host it/photo album, treating it just like a picture you would post on your site....

That way all can view it, because its an image...of course, this isn't practical for paragraphs or any extensive text...(although still could be done)

An example is on my site...the title..'slackerbabe: i got the stuff!'..I used the text generator and pasted it where I would normally type that manually..

You can also see how i used it, along with Paint, on MySpace page too...

kendra

Here is the link to the site I used..Look for 'Fonts'...they have hundreds and easy directions.

click

Unless it is a Logo or trademark or something like that which MUST appear in a specific font then why not just provide a list of fonts and let your visitors view it using the first font from the list that they have on their computer. Some people listen to web sites instead of viewing them so they don't see what font you use anyway.

Re: Re: how to add downloaded font to website

thankyou very much lodes of help