This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
red crosses

please can some one tell me how to get rid of the little red crosses that show up instead of a picture,thank you

Re: red crosses

uve probably got the wrong code

Re: Re: red crosses

If you get as far as red crosses the html coding is OK but you have the wrong file names for the images.

thts what i ment lol

the url is wrong

or ur hotlinking from a host tht dnt let you

I'm a little psychic. For instance, I'm fairly certain your sign is Leo, you are not a vegetarian, and you'll receive some money you weren't expecting this autumn. However, without specific information such as the URL, it is kind of hard to see details.

Did I read your message correctly? You are not out to have the pictures show up, you just want to avoid the red crosses when they don't? If so, Opera would be your choice in browsers.

yes i am a leo,lol,how did u find that out,well what do i do to get rid of the crosses

> how do I get rid of the red crosses

Step 1: Tell us the URL where this is happening

A URL would be a lot of help, but, the usual reasons for a image not showing up are:

• You haven't uploaded the images. Use the File Manager to look at your web site and see if the images actually exist. You should even be able to view them from there. Sometimes the upload process corrupts the image and causes the red xs.
  • You uploaded them to the wrong folder. It is common to group all of your images into a folder named "myPictures", for example. Make sure that your tag specifies the path properly to the image.
  • You have uploaded the images, but spelled the name wrong in the tag. Bravenet's servers are Linux based and are sensitive to upper/lower case. As far as the server is concerned, "My_Picture.gif" and "my_picture.gif" are different images. Again, using the File Manager, make sure the spelling in your tag is exactly the same as the image on your site.