This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
hosting sites you build for others?

Hi there. My husband and several friends would like me to build sites for them. I am considering doing this for profit. My question is how do I host the sites that I build for other people? Can I host multiple sites under my account and still give them their own domain or do I need to open a new account for each client. How do professional designers handle this? If a new account is opened for each client is it usual for the designer to open the account and bill the client personally? Any advice will help greatly.
Warm regards,
Margo

Re: hosting sites you build for others?

if this is your first try at business, creating sites for others, i would start out by creating your own domain, something real small and simple, and create subdomains for your clients, giving them their personal name. then, once you have created a large client base and making a good profit, then i would merge new clients into their own domains, charging more of course. many companies out-source their web developers and designers...something i was considering myself, once i get more familiar with scripts and PHP and CGI.
keep a portfolio of all your clients and all the work your do to help your business grow.
good luck!