This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Forums Problem

Ok yet another questions from me hopefully I will start to figure these things out on my own but for now im stuck.

Ok i was just wondering if there is a way to do this:

I wanted my forums link at the top of my website to bring them directly into the forums instead of them having to click on the link I have.

Re: Forums Problem

There is no need to generate an entire page for only one link. You can put your forum link almost any where you want to on any one, or all, of your pages. I say "almost" because you are using the Website Wizard and there are some areas that you don't have access to. The link on your forum page looks like this:

http://eod.fragism.com/gl-bin/forum/

Just navigate to the Website Wizard and open the page you want for editing. Find the content area, switch to the Code Editor, and paste in the link. Save your work and publish. If you want it on other pages, follow the same procedure.

You may want to modify the link with a different label or even a image. Something like the following could be done:

Please Visit My Forum

or if you have image for them to click on you might use:

Just replace the image reference with your actual URL and image name.

Ok thanks for all the help Martin got one more question though. Is it possible to resize my picture so I can make it like half the size of the screen without making it blurry?

The problem you have with expanding an image is that the computer has to invent pixels from the existing data. If you simply use the width and height attributes of the tab, the browser does a simple pixel replication and the image looks blocky. Using a graphic editor, like IrfanView, you can do a resampling when you resize which makes smoother transitions between the various colors and intensities.

I created a quick web page using one of your images to show you the effects of resizing in different ways. The page is named Image Sizing Test. It shows your original image and then the same image expanded 2X two different ways. It's easy to see that you can not eliminate blurriness completely, but you can make the image look better with resampling. It also shows the image expanded to 4X. If you download IrfanView for yourself you might want to try out some of the image enhancement options to make the image better.