This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Unable to access site

After publishing my site I then try to view it on the web and all i get "Forbidden! Authorization is Not Possible" and "The owner of this website is not allowing authorization to visitors."
How do I authorize this for viewers.

Thanks much
Angie

Browser: angie.holland@mti.tec.sd.us,3

Re: Unable to access site

What application did you "publish" from? The error you are getting is usually caused by not having a file name "index.html" or "index.htm" on your site. The page you want visitors to see, when they use your URL must be named "index.html" or "index.htm". Use the File Manager and make sure you have one with this name.

There is an index.htlm in my file manager. Any other reasons why this would happen.

Still Unable to access site

No such luck.

try index.html

it is index.html i just can't spell properly.

thanks anyway
angie

Browser: ,3

You should try not to scatter yourself across multiple postings, with the same question. It only makes things confusing. I believe you, that you have a "index.html" file. When you preview it, or view it in the File Managers editors, is it the file you expect it to be? If it is correct, then it's probably time to open a trouble ticket with Bravenet. There is something that is preventing the server from using it and only Bravenet can sort that out.