This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Clan website looking for help

OK well im just wondering if it is possible to make one of my sub-pages have a list of different options similiar to a poll that could be emailed to me. This website is for my clan so I would like to recruit new people using it, so I am trying to basically create a subpage where they can tell me some info about them and then it gets automatically emailed to me. If this is possible could someone tell me how to do this it would be greatly appreciated

Re: Clan website looking for help

That is a good question....I was looking for something to do the same thing.....

O comon im sure somebody can help me :( I think I have seen this before there has to be some code or something to it so if anyone could give this to me I would be just soooo happy.

i am pretty sure you can do something like that within a forum.....

Oh oh I know this one!!

Put this html in the body part of you webpage. Replace YOUREMAILADDRESS with your email address. Participants results will be emailed to you. (Im sorry if this isnt what you wanted.)

This form sends an e-mail to W3Schools.

Name:

value="yourname" size="20">

Email Address:

value="youremailaddress" size="20">

Password:

value="yourpassword" size="40">

value="yourage" size="40">

value="yourgender" size="40">
Comments:

value="yourcomment" size="40">

Well I ****ed that up.

Go here to find out more http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp

Kyle's suggestion of using a form is the correct one, and here is what he was trying to post.

Name:

Email Address:

Password:

Comments:

However, using it with the "mailto" action is not a good idea. This will only work on a visitors PC if they have a fully configured email client. If they only access their email through a browser, at say yahoo or gmail, the mail will not go anywhere.

Take a look at Bravenet's Email Forms service. You can construct a form to give you any kind of feedback you want. Kyle's form only has input fields, but there are a variety of different field that can be used, i.e. buttons, checkboxes, dropdown menus, etc.. The Email Forms service manager has a good Tutorial and a FAQ to get you going. Bravenet will provide you with a corrected
tag and a couple of essential hidden fields. This form can then be used on anyone's PC.