This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Linking pages together

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I cannot figure this out. I've got all my pages ready, but I don't know how to connect them all together.

On the left side of my page I want to have links to my necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc...

Oh, and I also can't figure out how to change "Your Site Name" to "The Jewelry Shoppe."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

using what software?

Bravnet places no restriction on what site building software you use. Clearly from your post just quoting html codes would not be helpful, but if you want something more detailed then you need to tell us what you are using to build your site.

Re: using what software?

ok, well, i guess that's what i'm doing wrong then. i'm not using software, just bravenet tools.

i'll get some site building software & try that. if i have any problems, i'll ask again. :)

thanks for the help, peter.

Re: Linking pages together

You shouldnt need site building software if you are using bravenet to build a site thats what it is used for to build your website! I am new at this also but you shouldnt need seperate software thats why bravenet advertises build your own website for free! LOL PETER

That is sort of correct, but you need to read into the advertising a little bit. Bravenet does offer the Website Wizard for building web sites. Most other web hosts offer a similar package. It is intended for beginners that don't know, or don't want to know, anything about HTML. And that is quite all right. Everything is there to help you develope your site, but at the same time, there are a lot of restrictions.

If you want to get away from these restrictions, you use a template, like Samantha. A template can't be imported to the Website Wizard, so you need to resort to other design methods. You can use the Visual and Text editors, available in the File Manager, but if there are graphics on the page(s), there is nothing offered by Bravenet to edit them. If you need to modify logos or annotate buttons, you need to download the graphics and edit them on your local PC. A useful tool for this is a free graphic editor from "irfanview.com". Once all the graphics are created, you need to upload them back to your site and adjust the tags and create links.

This whole process would be a lot simpler if everything was done on your local PC, and then your pages uploaded to your site. Another free tool, that would allow you to work locally, with built in upload capability, would be at "nvu.com". If you want to buy software there is the low cost "coffeecup.com" and "cutesite.com". At the high end is something like Dreamweaver and FrontPage.

Samantha
On my site there is a link to a free web builder. I, like you, had no knowledge of web building or design. I found this program and was able to build my entire site with it Its easy and it is free. Look at my site to give you an idea of what you can build with it. The web builder link is on the first page. Hope it helps.