This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Website is up, others can't see part of home page

I have created the website, and was able to view it to verify that everything is good. But, when others go to that site to view it, they can't see the info on the right on the front page. I don't believe I have frames, but could be wrong. Any input? Thanks

Confirmed

The part that starts:
Pathway Financial offers custom solutions for every residential mortgage financing situation.
is gone in Explorer 6.0. I can see it in Opera and Firefox, though.

(Don't know how to fix it, sorry)

Re: Website is up, others can't see part of home page

This is going to sound sort of dumb, but the problem with your page is the structure. You can't see this easily, because you are using the Website Wizard, but the content in that area is wrapped in a
, and it's pretty much sequential data, so there is no real need for a
. The table is just one cell wide and only has two rows, so it's not needed.

If you eliminate all of the
specific tags from that content area and just leave all the text, with it's settings, it will display. You should then see that everything displays to low on the page. This is caused by the width setting for your "websitedivider.gif". The divider is really too wide for the
and should be shortened to 500 pixels to fit properly.

You also need to stop forcing your lines to break with the
tag. You need to set up your content to flow naturally, and not try to fit it in a mold that doesn't work. If you let it, the browser will take care of most of your formatting needs, and display well in all browsers.