This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Database Trouble

Ok Im angry as a bull all Im getting through bravehost is Trouble... i have Pro..And have databse access...Well i wanted to Create a phpbb forum...uploaded files did everything required...then i started to the install page and typed in my database info...cliked start install and got the error can not cannot to databse critcal error...

Browser: ironmaidenjm9,2

Re: Database Trouble

Justin,

What application are you using to upload the PhpBB?
I found that using the Bravenet FTP connect was not useful for my forum....So I went to SmartFtp and got the FREE Version of their FTP service and everything after that went WELL. www.smartftp.com

I did try to use the Bravenet FTP conncetion however there are some permissions that needed to be changed on my PhpBB files which I could not do with the Bravenet FTP connection besides it was some kind of Java Appllett thingy that simply didn't have enough control to actually install the PHPBB. I am sure there may be others who could--but using the SmartFTP worked very well for me.

Good Luck!
Anna

Yeh but i used flash fxp not bravehost

Browser: ironmaidenjm9,2

Well, I am not sure about that but, I hope calling it BraveHOST has nothing to do with is. If you have a paid account you don't have BraveHOST you have BraveNET... I cannot remember if knowing this even matters...

I am not sure how to help you. I have a PRO Bravenet Account and FTP uploaded my PHPbb without any trouble..

I guess I need more information about what you are trying to do and where? Sometimes I have found that things are not as hard as I end up making it and it is one little glitch that caused the trouble.

Have you asked for help on the PhpBB.com support Forum...I know they really helped me a lot!

Anna

Re: Re: Database Trouble

Ok now i know for Sure it is The Hosting not the PHp Because it says Cannot Connect to database ANd I re-downloaded all New Files.... So im gonna open a ticket see if they can repair my database